This is an exciting time for you and your family as you plan to enter high school. Thank you for your interest in learning more about becoming part of the St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School community. We invite you to visit our school where you will find that the total program offered here stands apart from other high school programs in the area. Please contact the Office of Admissions for more information to join the St. Dominic Savio community. As you explore St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School, we look forward to considering your application for admission.
We prepare young men and women to become faith-filled visionary and inspirational leaders in service to the Church and the world in the following ways:
St. Dominic Savio seeks to build a strong community of faith supporting the mission of the school forming well rounded, visionary leaders for the Church and the world. St Dominic Savio offers a faith experience that will encourage all students to reach their full potential as caring, conscientious, and moral servant leaders. Our vision for our school is "Forming Servant Leaders in the Image of Christ." To truly live with the heart of Christ is the goal our students, faculty, and staff strive for each day. We accomplish this goal through our many faith programs. Some of the faith formation organizations and opportunities are on our student activities page.
The school provides a multi-level, college preparatory curriculum that encourages intellectual curiosity and creative thinking with over 30 Pre-Advanced and Advanced Placement level courses in English, Mathematics, Natural Science, World Language, Social Science, and Fine Arts. Instructional methods provide 21st-century classroom practices for all students. In addition, St. Dominic Savio offers a STEM experience in all areas of study, incorporating cooperative learning and problem-solving approaches along with technology integration to enhance learning. Extensive classes in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math) and Fine Arts are offered, as well as four-year Engineering and Computer Science programs utilizing the nationally recognized Project Lead the Way curriculum. For more information visit our academics page.
St. Dominic Savio is an active and thriving environment and provides many opportunities for students to engage their interests and participation through a variety of clubs, honor societies, and competitive teams. Several competitive teams won 2016-2017 state titles in academics, boys and girls swimming, and girl track. The Robotics Silverbolt team competed in the World Championship tournament against international teams. View a list of our student activities in academics, athletics, faith formation, fine arts, foreign languages, recreation and fellowship, social awareness, and technology.
2016-2017 Fast Facts
1. Savio won the state title at the TAPPS 5A State Academic Championship. The team competed against 23 other teams and nearly doubled their score from last year. Read more about their accomplishment.
2. The Class of 2017 completed a total of 10,500 hours of community service and 18 students completed 200 + community service hours.
3. The Class of 2017 had the highest number of students that received National Merit Recognition the same year in Savio history: 9 were students recognized as Commended National Merit Scholars, 4 students were recognized as National Hispanic Scholars, and 6 students were recognized as National Merit Scholar Finalists.
3. 11 Students completed the 4-year Project lead the Way pathway in Engineering.
4. The Class of 2017 earned $9.8M in Scholarships.
5. The Class of 2017 is attending 58 different universities in the fall of 2017, with one student following a call to the religous life.
Read more about our 2016-2017 School Year in our Savio Now Magazine.
Thank you for all you have done to make Savio our home for our child. Never have we seen the growth in her spirit for God, or socially, prior to enrollment here. How does this happen? Her environment. Savio has provided her with the atmosphere to thrive...We are forever grateful to God for your service. The school's impact on our family is deep.
~ Class of 2019 Parent