The Fine Arts Department at St. Dominic Savio consists of three disciplines: Visual Art, Music, and Theater and as teachers in the fine and performing arts, it is our privilege and responsibility to inspire and nurture creativity in young minds. In a world where people are constantly challenged to be innovative and original, we must instill this sense of individuality in our youth. The art, music and theater classes and curricula therein are environments in which students can explore materials and techniques, but more importantly provides a forum in which they can explore and challenge themselves.
When examining a student's artwork or performance, many people tend to respond only to the final product. At. St. Dominic Savio, however, we firmly believe that the process is equally, if not more important. As teachers, it is our goal to teach new skills and introduce techniques, but equally as important is our responsibility to motivate and encourage each individual's approach, as well as celebrate the discoveries that he or she encounters along the way.
Faculty in the Fine Arts Department enjoy membership in a number of professional associations such as:
- Texas Art Education Association
- National Art Education Association
- Texas Music Educators Association
- Texas Band Masters Association
- Texas Private School Music Educators Association
- Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools
- Tri-M Music Honor Society
- Iota Rho Chapter of Pi Kappa Lambda National Music Honors Society
- Honorary Member of Kappa Kappa Psi National Band Fraternity
- National Association for Music Education
- Educational Theater Association