How to Apply
Thank you for considering St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School. We look forward to working with your family during the admission process. If you have any questions or problems accessing the online application, please contact Mrs. Holly Bologna, Director of Admissions at email@example.com or 512-388-8846 x5504,
To be considered for admission to St. Dominic Savio for the 2018-2019 school year, completed Online Admission Applications, $125 application fee and all supplementary documents are due February 2, 2018. Applicants that are applying past the due date will be admitted on a space available basis. Please review our Application Process below.
VISIT ST. DOMINIC SAVIO
The best way to get to know St. Dominic Savio and all that makes our school a unique learning environment is to tour our campus and meet the community. There are many visiting opportunities for parents and students. This step is encouraged, but it is not essential to the application process. Visiting opportunities include:
- Parent Information Sessions (parents)
- Open House (Parents and Students)
- Student Spend-the-Day (current 8th grade and above)
- Individual Visits
COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION
Applications for admission are conducted online. Online applications are available October 1 of each year. Applications for 2018-2019 school year are due February 2, 2018. An application fee of $125 is due upon submission of the completed online application. The fee is paid online via credit card.
SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
The following supplemental documents are to be submitted to the Admissions Office by February 2, 2018.
Transcripts & School Records
- Complete the top portion of the Release of Academic Records request form and submit the form to the applicant's current school.
- The applicant's current school should then forward the applicant's transcripts for the last three years of enrollment (this includes a current progress report), standardized test scores, and discipline reports to St. Dominic Savio.
- Please note: If your child has attended more than one school in the last three years, a Request for Release of Academic Records form must be sent to each school.
English & Math Teacher Recommendations
Recommendations from the applicant's current English and Math teacher are required. Parents/Guardians should complete the top portion of the recommendation form and forward to applicant's current teachers. Teachers then submit the completed form directly to St. Dominic Savio Admissions Office. Additional recommendations from other teachers or school officials are welcomed.
All student applicants are required to submit two hand written essays using the essay prompts provided in the online application.
Immunization and Health Records
Submit the applicant's current immunization records and vision, hearing, and scoliosis screens. Complete the Authorization to Disclose Protected Information form and submit the form to your child's doctor or current school registrar, to authorize the release of these records to St. Dominic Savio Admissions Office.
TAKE THE PLACEMENT TEST
All applying 9th graders are required to take the PSAT 8/9 Placement Test. St. Dominic Savio will administer the test on site.
All student applicants are required to participate in a personal interview at St. Dominic Savio. Once a completed online application is submitted applicants will receive a sign-up link from the Admissions Office to schedule an interview.
ACCEPT ADMISSION OFFER
Admission decisions will be mailed March 2, 2018. Upon notification of acceptance, you will receive an invitation to enroll. To confirm your child’s attendance and reserve their space, an online enrollment and fee must be completed by March 26, 2018.
OUR ADMISSION POLICY
St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School is dedicated to its mission and to the Catholic community in and around the city of Austin. All interested students and families are encouraged to apply. The Admission Committee determines the qualification of candidates for admission on the basis of the following:
- Student’s desire for a Catholic education
- Completed online application for admission
- Student essays
- Past academic performance and discipline records
- Math and English teacher recommendations
- Student interview with the Admission Committee
- The demonstrated ability/potential to be successful in a college preparatory environment.