St. Dominic Savio offers an opportunity for students to be engaged in the spiritual formation efforts of the school through The Timothy Team, comprised of students from the Junior and Senior class, who support the various aspects of the work of Formation and Ministry and have leadership responsibility for specific areas. Team members serve primarily in the areas of Liturgy, Christian Life, Retreat Planning. Together in ministry, these student leaders are selected through a rigorous process of nomination, application and discernment. Some examples of Timothy Team responsibilities include:
- Meeting monthly to pray together, support one another and discuss the spiritual life of the school
- Recruiting, coordinating, mentoring and praying for/with Timothy Team members and groups
- Regularly meeting with student leaders in their respective areas to pray together and to coordinate events and activities
- Assisting with creation, planning, set up, and running of school-wide Faith and Ministry events such as weekly Mass, monthly Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and Imago Christi Day.
The Timothy Team helps to prepare for:
- the reading of the Word in Liturgy by coordinating with the Lectors, the music team and the writing of intercessions
- the sacraments in Liturgy by coordinating with Altar Servers, Sacristans and Hospitality team
- the Christian life by recruiting, coordinating, mentoring and praying for/with volunteers for special Faith and Ministry Programs, creating service opportunities and promoting prayer and fellowship.
- upcoming student retreats by recruiting, coordinating, mentoring and praying for/with retreat teams, planning retreat logistics and serving as a leader for retreat activities
- service as a resource to various Faith and Ministry activities including seeking growth opportunities for our programs, assisting in implementing program revisions, serving as a spiritual resource for the Timothy Team and school
As a whole, the team is coordinated by the Director of Formation. In addition, each Timothy Team member is responsible to an assigned faculty member of the Formation and Ministry program. For more information, see the Theology Department page HERE.